The port of Azua is also known as Puerto Viejo de Azua, is located about 15 kilometers Southwest of the town of Azua. It was built in the 1950’s, and was rarely used until the adjacent LPG terminal was completed in the 1990’s. In 2002, a power plant was built nearby with a pipe-line of 12” diameter and 600m length, laid between the pier and two tanks, with a total of 17,800 cbm capacity. In 2007, a conveyor belt and hoppers were installed on the pier’s western side. Cement clinker is now mainly discharged there.
For detailed information please view or download Ports Handbook pdf document.